Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Front Yard Fireworks and Fires

I got home from Book Club at about 10pm or so and Alex was dying to light some fireworks and he had some neighborhood kids with him so I thought what the heck! I never spend a ton of money on fireworks but they are usually pretty happy with sparklers, flowers, tanks and smoke bombs. I did splurge on a few small fountains this year.
Here is Alex dancing along with the fountain. He LOVES fireworks so much.
Max had fun with the sparklers but he was kinda scared of the ones that moved.
Well we went through all the fireworks pretty fast and I realized that the kids were trying to start a fire with all the garbage.
I didn't think they would get very far with it so I just let them have fun while I was cleaning up the burnt fireworks.
They actually had a pretty good fire going for a few minutes and I hate to admit but I joined right in with them (I have been known to start a few gutter fires myself...when we were kids and my parents didn't think it was very funny). Anyway no harm done, I did give them a little lecture about fires and how dangerous they are etc. and if I ever catch them doing that without an adult I will call the police. Hopefully that scared them.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to lay down the law Ang!