Friday, July 4, 2008

Stadium of Fire

We got tickets for Stadium of Fire (they weren't cheap but I had never been and Miley Cyrus was performing so what the heck). Me, Rich, the kids, Jennifer, Kynli and Adriana all sat together. It clouded up in the evening and was really windy so we were a little worried they might have to cancel it...thankfully we were in the U.C. and they started the event with a prayer! I thought that was a little weird but I guess BYU always does that and hey it must have worked cause everything went according to plan.
 
They started the program with Skydivers, I love that...I think it's so awesome and I can't wait to try it!! Then all the dancers came out and danced and it was pretty incredible to see that many kids on the field. They had special tributes to the troops and the F-16's flew over the stadium (we were getting popcorn and drinks so we didn't get to see them we just heard them. Then they had these huge red, white and blue flags come down over some of the sections (we were sitting under the white one and we missed that too). Blue Man group performed but we were so far away we didn't really get to see what they were doing and the sound system was pretty bad it kept cutting in and out. Then it was time for Miley to sing and that was fun. She sang alot of 'new' songs which was kinds weird but they were good and the kids really liked her performance. The fireworks were GREAT!! It was a really good show, I was a little bugged that they didn't really play Patriotic music with the Fireworks though...they didn't even play "God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood!!! It was crazy too because we kept getting showered with ash and smelled like smoke when it was over but it was a great night and everyone had alot of fun!! Max was really good through the whole thing too so that was a plus.
 
Posted by Picasa
It was worth the money for sure but now that I've been I don't know if I need to go again for awhile. Here are some of the fireworks and pictures of Alex and Adriana covering their ears, they are crazy the loud ones are the best!

1 comment:

Tiesha said...

Thanks for showing some fireworks, now I don't feel so bad that I missed them. I loved Max's reaction "nooo" he doesn't like them. So cute!