Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Alexa Update

On Monday evening after we got home from the Instacare in Springville they called the house and asked that we take Alexa back in to have her other arm X-rayed so they could compare them. I guess once the Radiologist read the X-Ray he wasn't sure about the diagnosis that the Dr had given us. So on Tuesday I took her back in to get another X-Ray. The Dr showed us the X-Ray on Monday and you could definitely see three cracks in the bone so I wasn't really sure why they would question the diagnosis. They said they would call us in a few hours and let us know if it was for sure fractured. Well they didn't call so this morning I called and the Radiologist still hadn't looked at it. They finally called me back at 4pm and said that both her bones looked like that and there was no fracture...what the heck. I am really confused but I have to say I am so relieved because she needed me to help her with a lot of things and she wasn't able to change Max's diaper etc. so I am bugged that we told everyone it was broken and now it isn't, SORRY!!! She took the wrap off and was able to move it around pretty well, it is still a little sore and swollen but she will be just fine. She wanted to thank everyone for all the love and sympathy that she received, that part she will miss but at least NO cast all summer woo hoo!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously, that makes no sense at all! So do we all have cracks in our elbows or is it just special people. Nothing against the health care professionals(i know you work hard and do your best and everyone makes mistakes), but stuff like this really makes you wonder if mom is right about never going to the doctor.

Melanie said...

I'm glad it wasn't broken. I was going to send flowers to you yesterday Alexa, glad I didn't do that!!! Hope you're feeling better

Erin said...

That's great news!! Crazy, though (and a little funny)!! I'm so glad that your arms not broke after all, Alexa! Now you can have a fun summer, and play sports again!

Melissa said...

That is totally crazy that it's not broken!

Carrie Swenson said...

I agree with Amy! I totally hate going to the doctor. But I am glad that she doesn't have a broken arm.

Janean said...

I am so glad you don't have a broken bone Alexa. That would suck to have a cast all summer. Trust me...we did it with Adelie one summer.