Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dinner and a Play

Last night I went with my Book Club friends to dinner at Gloria's Little Italy and then to see "Little Women" at Hale Center Theater. We had so much fun and I am always glad to have a girls night.
We wanted to go somewhere "new" for dinner and a few people had been to this little Italian place that they said was really delicious and authentic. When we pulled up I have to admit I was not too impressed, I would not have ever just happened in there on my own (I guess that's whats so great about word of mouth). Our waiter was hilarious and kept wanting us to throw out songs for him to sing. We had the upstairs to ourselves which was great. If you ever go there (it's on 300 S. in Provo) I would request the upstairs, it had a cool atmosphere. There were 9 of us for dinner and we just talked and ate and tasted each other's food and had a great time. The dessert was my favorite part, we got 3 different kinds and just shared them. They also have Gilato that was so yummy.
I am so happy that I have such great friends and love the conversations we have. It is great to hear all the advice and funny stories about kids and husbands and just to be able to laugh and enjoy great company. We almost didn't make the play because we were a little late and didn't all get to sit together. It was so good. If you haven't been to a production there, I highly recommend it, even if you aren't into that kind of thing it is a great experience. We read the book earlier in the year for Book Club which was the whole reason for the outing. It was a great book and I recommend that too. I have to be honest and say that when it was picked I was not that excited to read it, not really my taste but I was wrong and really loved it. The play was very entertaining and very touching. There was a group of BYU students there and on the front row was a guy with tears just streaming down his face (it was tender) I was already crying but that made me cry a little harder.
I am glad that I have such a wonderful husband who is always supporting my "girls nights" with Bunco and Book Club and sister get togethers (mine and his). He is so great to stay home and take care of the house and the kids. All he ever worries about is what kind of food we will be eating...ha ha. When I got home after 11pm the house smelled clean and some of the clutter from the kitchen and our bedroom had been cleaned up. What a sweetheart, I really don't tell him enough how much I love and appreciate him. I am a lucky lucky girl!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I need to read Little Women. I don't think I ever have. I think I would like having some girlfriends to go out with every now and then...I am going to look into that!

Melissa said...

That does sound like fun. I used to have Little Women, but I think I gave it to the D.I. cause I never read it.. whoops. Amy, I'll be your girlfriend.

Rohan Shearer said...

Isn't Hale theater great? We have had season tickets since we've come back to Utah and all the shows have been wonderful! I think we see Little Women in a week or so.

Janean said...

That sounds so fun. I love going to plays. I haven't been to one at Hale Center Theater for a long time - I should go there again. Rich is a great guy, I love it when I come home and the house is clean and the children are in bed.

Janean said...

That sounds so fun. I love going to plays. I haven't been to one at Hale Center Theater for a long time - I should go there again. Rich is a great guy, I love it when I come home and the house is clean and the children are in bed.

corrychronicles said...

So glad you had a great time, and what could be better than a girls night out and to come home to a clean house. YEA for your hubby!

Jennifer said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have read Little Women, I love the movie. Hale Center theatre is awesome, they do a great job there. We'll have go there sometime for a girls night out (all the sisters) because Dustin won't go to plays, "that's just not his thing," as he would say.