Sunday, July 20, 2008

Park City Weekend

We headed up to Park City on Thursday for a litte weekend getaway. Some of Rich's family went too. His parents, The Pauole's, Swenson's, Anderson's and Pyne's. We stayed at The Yarrow Hotel (we were supposed to stay at a condo but they didn't have enough rooms so they sent us to the Yarrow). We had a fun time. I have NO pictures because the batteries in my camera were dead and I didn't have any spares. We ate at Pizza Hut for dinner on Thursday night and the kids went swimming.
Friday Rich me and Carrie went for a run. It was a good little run. Rich ran about 10miles and I told him to pick us up (we ran mostly downhill so the return trip was mostly uphill and we didn't think we could make it, we ran probably 6 miles). We stayed at the pool all day and it was nice cause it was pretty much just us there. We ate lunch by the pool and I read for a while and Rich and Max took a nice long nap. We went to dinner at a Mexican place that was really good (but expensive). We were by the Alpine Slide so we walked up there and watched Dustin and Creed go down and Alexa and Kynlie jumped on the trampoline with the harnesses . We had a good time. Alex went to dinner with Alan so he was back at the pool when we got back. Me, Rich, Alexa and Max went to see the new Batman movie. Alex hung out with Cynthia's family and slept in their room. Max fell asleep about 30 minutes into the show so that was nice. We didn't get back until 1:00am. The movie was SO good. Heath Ledger did such an amazing job with his role as The Joker. I want to see it again.
On Saturday we checked out. We took the kids to ride the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster, they had SO much fun!! We had to go to the Condo and do our Timeshare presentation. We got there at 12:30pm and the kids went into the kids place and we got started with our Sales guy. About 45 minutes into the presentation Alexa came in and looked like she was going to cry and said she needed me. Max had an explosion in his diaper and there was poop up to his neck. I went with her into the bathroom and it smelled so bad. There was poo on the toilet all over the changing table, she ran out of wipes and was trying to use toilet paper and there was a roll in the toilet cardboard and all. He had also thrown up on the floor (I think all the poo and the smell just got to his stomach). After cleaning up as best I could I went back out there and told them what had happened. Max was just in a diaper because there was poo all over his clothes. The guy was like "let me go talk to my manager" he came back and said we could re-schedule and come back another day (and start ALL over) or we could take a few minutes and get him some clothes on and continue. We didn't want to come back so we went down to the car (we parked at the bottom of the hill cause the kids wanted to ride the lift up) finally we got back and Alexa and Max just stayed with us for the rest of the time. It ended up taking way longer than 90 minutes we left there at 3:30pm. Oh well I guess that's what you get for being cheap and wanting a "free" vacation.
On the way home I saw a sign in Provo advertising the "Llama Fest" I didn't tell the kids we were going to stop there cause they both really wanted to go home.

When I didn't exit they both wondered where we were going and I didn't tell them cause I knew they were going to complain. I was right, the kids did not want to get out of the car but Rich and I have always wanted to go and see inside the Temple. It was HOT and there were alot of people there. The Temple was not at all what I had imagined. You have to take off your shoes and there is a gift shop and restaurant downstairs and then upstairs there was just a big room and people were playing weird instruments and some people were dancing. There was a display of Chinese looking dolls that looked like some sort of shrine. I am glad we went, the Llama contest was pretty funny.
We had a great weekend and now that school is almost ready to start again it was good to get away if only for a few days.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Park City sounded fun. I can't wait to see Batman. It looks good! We just watched Batman Begins to prepare for it. What the heck is the Llama Fest!! I don't blame your kids for complaining!

Angie said...

You've got to love those poop blowouts. You can never be fully prepared for one either! One of those AND a timeshare presentation in the same day PLUS the llama fest would have put me over the top too! (By the way I have never heard of a Llama Fest either...)

Tiesha said...

Fun! Good job running that far! I want to come running with you and Carrie!

Amy said...

Llama Fest...I can't believe I had to miss out on that! Sounds like the weirdest thing ever! Alexa is such a good girl...I hope you bought her something nice for her efforts with the giant poo explosion!

corrychronicles said...

Sounds like a great trip, for the most part.