Thursday, December 11, 2008

GingerBread Houses


This morning all the 3rd graders went to the lunchroom to make gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. I went to help and thought it would be a disaster. They had things organized so well and there was TONS of candy. I mostly helped Alex and a few of the friends he was sitting by. There were a lot of parent helpers and everything worked out really, really well.
 
Posted by Picasa

Alex was disappointed when he found out they were using graham crackers instead of ginger bread but as he was making his house he said "these look really good even though they are just graham crackers."
He is very creative and was having such a great time. I am so glad that he likes me to come to his class and help out with the activities. His house turned out really cute, I am just crossing my fingers that it will make it home in one piece!!

4 comments:

Jen B. said...

That is the cutest gingerbread house I have ever seen!! Makes me want to make one! I bought the ready made one from Sam's we'll see how that goes!

Janean said...

That is a cute graham cracker (gingerbread) house! Good job Alex. We need to get one out and make it we always do and have not this year.

Kellye said...

That is really cute. Good job Alex!

Shannon said...

That's such a fun project and I really can't believe the school dared do that. I was thinking disaster just like you. But it looks like it turned out good. Alex's is really cute, I love it.