Monday, December 8, 2008

Family Home Evening

Last week at Book Club we did our annual "Book Exchange" and I was fortunate enough to leave with this book, (sorry Tandy). There was quite a struggle to leave with one of the two copies that were available for the taking. I am SO glad that I have this book in my home and if you don't yet, go and buy it or put it on your Christmas list...it is BEAUTIFUL!

We read this book tonight for Family Home Evening and the kids were fascinated with the pictures. They kept saying "how can that be a photograph, it looks like a painting." The book is so well done and the pictures really are amazing. I started to read the photographers notes and to discover how this book came to be.
It is a very interesting story so far. He says that as a photographer he wasn't sure if he was in the right career because it was hard to not have to do things he didn't agree with and so he went to the Lord in prayer for help. He had some thoughts come to him, small changes he thought he should make in his life like the music he listened to and the art books he owned and the "monster energy drinks" he downed daily. All these things helped him to be closer to the spirit and our Heavenly Father and prepared him for this amazing project.

Again, if you don't have it you should really go and get it.

1 comment:

Jen B. said...

I actually have this book, and I bought it for my parents and in law's for Christmas. It is beautiful!!

And your Christmas tree looks great!! :)