Monday, August 4, 2008

To Logan we go...

Me, Alex, Max, Alexa and her friend Maddy got in the car and picked up Rich from work and were on our way to Logan for the weekend. It has been a really long time since we have been and I was really anxious to get there. The traffic wasn't the best but we finally made it. Most my sisters were there waiting for us so we caught up for a while and then decided it was time to eat.
Usually we end up eating at like 9:00pm by the time we all figure out what we want. We were all really hungry so we decided to head to Fredricos for some pizza and salad. If you are ever in Cache Valley it is well worth the trip. It's up by USU and really delicious!! We were all there except Steve and Jason and had the backroom to ourselves!! We were loud and had a great time. I love going out with a huge group of people it makes it SO much fun!!
 
Posted by Picasa

After dinner most of us headed to the mall. We went to American Eagle and there was a sign that said "free t-shirt" for trying on jeans...you know we all tried on jeans and scored free t-shirts (even Rich got in on the action), some of us actually bought the jeans. (I can't believe I didn't get pictures of this).
We were all prepared for a "late night" because of the release of "Breaking Dawn" all the bookstores were having parties and then putting the book on sale at 12:00am. We went to Kohl's (I still hate it even though I got a great deal on some shoes) and then of course to Walmart because a shopping trip isn't complete without it.
By the time we got to the party (not much of a party really) everyone was in line to purchase the book so we just stood in line.

My sister Melissa was making fun of all the people who were really intense and taking things way too serious. She yelled "you better run fast before they sell out" or something like that to people who she was like 2 feet away from, I thought she might get beat up but luckily we all got our copies and got home about 1:00am.
It was a great day!!!


Saturday

Me, Rich and Monica woke up early (not early enough) the next morning to go for a run. We run a half marathon next week and needed to get in a "long run" we drove up Blacksmith Fork Canyon and ran 10 miles. I thought it would be a great easy downhill in the breezy canyon but that isn't what it was. It was HOT and not much shade and not really that downhill. Luckily I am the slowest so by the time I was done they had already gone for water and I took my shoes off and put my feet in the river (it was taunting me the whole time I was running). It was a pretty good start to the day.
We went back to my mom's for our usual Saturday morning donuts. The kids all slept in and so I decided to take a little nap, so did Monica and Rich. The rest of the day we stayed at my parents house and just talked and stuff. Alexa, Kenzie and Maddy decided to get wet and jumped on the trampoline for a while.
 
Posted by Picasa

The other kids did too earlier in the day but I didn't take pictures. We decided to have a "Weber dog" with our corn on the cob (Logan always gets theirs later than us so I brought some cause my parents LOVE it!! My dad is such a great "Weber master" and it was "one good hot dog"
 
Posted by Picasa

After dinner we put up the badminton net and the kids had a great time playing and Max thought it was awesome and wanted to be on a team too.




The three girls headed home with Melissa and Steve to have a sleepover (see Melissa's blog for the slide show) looks like they had TONS of fun!!

Monica took Max and Jake home with her and Alex went home with the Clark's.


Sunday

Me and Rich were able to sleep in since my parent's church doesn't start until 11am. It was really nice. After church we hung out and went down to Monica's office to play on the computers (we were pretty bored). Everyone came up for dinner. Dad whipped out the Weber again and we had delicious hamburgers and fruit and jello and baked beans...yummy. Batman made an appearance...I was surprised he didn't wear his costume that much (he wears it all day at home). Everyone thought he was really funny.

Monica made peanut butter fingers for dessert and they were so good. We played American Idol on the Wii and everyone was really impressed with Maddy's vocal talents, everyone wanted her to keep singing. We had a really nice day. Max slept over with Monica again and Alex went to the Clark's again.


Monday

Rich has stared working 4 tens at his job that rotate Mon-Thur then the next week Tue-Fri so every other week he will have Fri-Mon off. I am excited because we will be able to get away for that much longer and he will be home more which is always a plus!!
We didn't do too much today, mostly everyone was at work so I took the girls shopping for a while and then we all met up for lunch at Old Grist Mill for sandwiches. We shopped some more and then had dinner and said our good-byes. It was great to be able to stay an extra day. We left Alex at my Mom's and traded for Amberly for the week she is really excited to "have a break" and I am "thrilled" to have her!!
Alexa asked me for my camera on the way home so I guess I will post some of the ride home.






They are gross...but we love them. Thanks for coming with us Maddy, we hope you had as much fun as we did.
I miss you all already!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you are forgiven, I totally understand you not calling after reading all about your weekend in good old Cache Valley. It sounds like you had sooo much fun with your family!! I am so happy I can read about all the fun stuff on your blog!! You are so great at updating - I need to be better! Anyway, stay in touch! When you get a free second, give me a call, we can catch up more!! (Although after scanning thru your blog, I feel like I never lost touch!!) Love ya!

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! It's always nice to get away and relax and have fun with the family.

Shannon said...

You always do so many fun things with your family when you go up to Logan. You have a great relationship with your sisters and I think that is great.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I'm so mad that I never tried Fredricos when I lived there. EVERY time I passed it, I would always mention to my roommates that I wanted to try it, but we always ended up at Firehouse when it came to pizza. BOO. Someday I will get back up there and try it! It looks yummy!

Melissa said...

Those girls are gross, but so great! That was a really fun weekend! Come again soon!

Jen B. said...

That looks like so much fun! I have been to logan once, in the winter, but I thought it was such a beautiful place.....It looks even better in the summer! LUCKY!

Jen B. said...

the "but" did not belong in that sentence!!! I am tired! sory:(

Chellie said...

Fun! You have such an adorable family!

Tiesha said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I want a free t-shirt! :o)