Monday, August 18, 2008

It's What FUN Is...LAGOON

Its our annual tradition to go to Lagoon before school starts and since its so expensive to get in ($40 a person) we always wait until August when there is a 2 for 1 deal. This year was a little different since most of my sisters had to work but Mel and her 4 kids came and so did Mom and Amb. We got there about 12:30pm and it was HOT!! It has been pretty mild weather the last week or two so I was really disappointed as I was watching the weather the night before and they said it was going to be the hottest day of the week!! Melanie was suffering right away, she dosen't deal with the heat well and she said her pulse was like 140 or something outrageous like that, but she suffered through and we had a great time. When Monica took Alex a few weeks ago she didn't take any pictures so I was determined to "capture the memories" this time around.

Our first ride was "The Bat" and everyone but Mel, Brooklyn and Brinlie went on it. We talked my mom into riding it, we told her it is a smooth ride that doesn't go very fast and isn't very high. She didn't love it, but she was a great sport.
 
Posted by Picasa


This is the "JetStarII" and Alexa, Kenzie, Jake and Alex went ont his one (I was in line but they have 3 seats and 2 people have to sit in each seat straddling each other, they don't let single riders for some reason and I wasn't about to straddle a stranger so I just watched!!


Here we are on our "lunch break" we always bring lunch so we don't have to buy 2 meals there. We brought PB and Honey sandwiches and chips and cookies and drinks. It was nice to take a break in the shade but pretty hard to get back up and get going after the nice rest.
 
Posted by Picasa


Alex LOVES Lagoon the best and he LOVES Halloween the best so you would think that he would be excited that lagoon has 2 haunted house rides...wrong. He refused to go on Terror Ride (Monica forced him on Dracula's Castle last time and he hated it!) He sat on the bench and waited for them to come out. This was Mel's favorite ride cause she was sitting down and it was cool inside...she wished it was a longer ride!!


My mom LOVES the "Music Express" and she had a great time with the little girls on this one, they were laughing really hard!!


Here is one of our many bathroom breaks...it was mid afternoon and really really hot. Alex pulled out his tooth (I didn't even know he had a loose one) that was pretty exciting. The big girls were starting to run out of energy!!


Here is the best ride at Lagoon, "WICKED"...Amberly went on it and I was sure she was going to be scared to death but as soon as it stopped she said "Ang, that was fun, let's do that again" she totally loved it. It is a very short ride but really really fun!!


Here is me and Alex on "The White Rollercoaster" he was nervous cause I was taking the picture as we were going up the hill and he didn't think I was going to be able to put my camera away fast enough. This ride is SO OLD. It has been old my whole life I guess but it was really bad today. I don;t know if it just really needed oil or what but it made the worst noise going around the corners (it reminded me the dentist office with all the noisy drills). It was still a good ride and you have to go on the wooden rollercoaster...


Here we are on "The Colassus" I love this ride. It has been a favorite my whole life. The downhill into the 2 loops is awesome no matter how many times you have done it before!! The best part is that there was NO line for this ride all day, we went a few times but it's always best at night!!


Alex and Jake decided to go on a few baby rides...the "Ladybug Drop" is a pretty fun ride, they always love it!


We ate dinner and took in the "Rock you to the Top" show. They have 3 guys and 3 girls that sing and dance, it is a pretty great show and we usually always make time to watch it. Most of us ate giant corndogs for dinner. It cooled off alot at night and that was a huge relief for everyone! We had to hurry and get on as many rides as we could before they close at 10pm.


We all decided to go on the "Tidal Wave" Alex and Kenzie wanted to be on the last row so they had to wait awhile and I couldn't get close enough to get any pictures. Me, Jake and Brooklyn faced Alexa, Brinlie, Amb and Mom. We had a fun ride. It was Brinlie's first time and she really liked it at first but got really scared when we got going higher. We had a really fun time, as you can see!!
 
Posted by Picasa


"The Samurai" was the best ride of the day for most of us. We went during the day and it was really fun so we headed back over after dinner and the line was huge but totally worth the wait. It was a totally different ride at night and was really wild!! I was on the very end and so you get whipped around alot more. It was pretty intense but we all laughed our heads off and would have done it again but the line was still really long!
 
Posted by Picasa


We wanted to get on Wicked one more time but by the time we made it over there they had already closed the line. We went on "Spider and the Fly" and "Colassus" one more time and then the park was closed. We met up with the rest of the group, they were playing the guess game where you pay the guy $2 and he will guess your age, weight or month of birth, if he is wrong you get a prize. My mom wanted everyone to get a prize and I am not sure how much money she ended up spending but all the kids got a souvenier. My Mom had such a blast, she was just loving it all day! I am glad for all the fun memories and we were pretty much the last ones to leave at like 11pm.
Alexa has her first day of Jr High tomorrow so she is going to be really tired cause we didn't get home until midnight but that's OK!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks like I missed out! I love the Tidal Wave pictures the best!

Chellie said...

That is a great tongue you got there, Ang! :)

Looks like good ol' Lagoon has new rides from back in the day when I used to frequent it. Maybe I'll have to go the next time I'm in Utah.

Looks like you had a blast.