Friday, August 15, 2008

E-mail from my Sister

Hi Ang

Max was a total precious last night. It took us about 15 minutes to wake him up, but once he was awake he was perfectly happy. I don't think I have ever really seen him sit down and eat. He sat up to the counter with the kids and ate 2 hotdogs, 2 juice boxes and chips. Mom has probably been starving him this week. After dinner they rode bikes and then he and Jake wrestled. The only fit came when it was time to put pj's on. After being kicked in the stomach a few times, I got his pj's on and he laid on the floor and screamed and kicked, we tried to just ignore him. Finally Dave took him into Brooklyn's room to have a talk. Dave walked out with Max hugging him and Dave sat and held him on the couch and they watched football, it was quite cute. They went downstairs to sleep and watch sponge bob. Max wouldn't lay down until Dave went down and they slept by each other with the other kids. This morning I asked him if he wanted to play with Owen and he said yep, thank you mel. It was adorable.

Melanie

My sisters all took a kid home last night so my mom could have a break (they have been there since Sunday night). Melanie obviously had Max, Amy took Alexa and Melissa took Alex. I hope they have cute stories to tell too...

Melissa and her husband Steve are actually on their way to Seven Peaks right now with Alexa and Alex so I hope she takes some pictures for me!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

How nice for you to have a kid free week. I actually wouldn't mind one of those right now. I've been so busy and anxious that it's killing me. It actually gave me shingles because I'm so on edge lately about everything. Anyway, I'm jealous of you at the moment.

Lindsay said...

So nice to have family around to help!! How was your hot date???

Angela said...

Hey Oli,
I am so glad you found my blog, hence leading me to find yours. Your kids are adorable. I can't believe how grown up your oldest 2 are. I am feeling really old. It looks like you have had a fun summer. I must say I agree with you on "Breaking Dawn". It was a bit of a disappointment, I was expecting more. Glad we are back in touch. I will have to get on facebook now too. Thanks for the tip.")
Angela

Jami said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog...it's been a LONG time! Your family is adorable. I can't believe Alexa is 12. Man, time flies. Glad to hear that you are doing well!

Lynzi said...

Man, hot dates are the best! Gotta love family that can take the rug rats & give you a minute or two together, uninterrupted. Good on you! :)