Saturday, August 30, 2008

Slip N' Slide and Such

We were planning to go to the pool this morning but Mel called and said she just didn't feel like it. Monica and Rich both went on long runs this morning (marathon coming up) and so we decided not to go. The kids were pretty disappointed but then my Mom pulled out a new slip n' slide and then they were pretty excited!!
 
Posted by Picasa

Alex, Brooklyn and Brinlie were with Mel so they came later and I didn't get any pictures of them.

My parents sold "Cresthill Apts" a few weeks ago and so my Dad has been cleaning out 'the office' where my grandpa stored his lawnmowers, pool table, tools, and about anything else you can imagine. He was a pack rat for sure. I don't think anyone counted the shovels and brooms etc. but there were 4 garbage can fulls that we moved to the new storage area.
We did find some 'treasures' too. There was this box of silverware, well just spoons...185 to be exact (I counted) and three boxes of these vintage dishes (my sisters and I divided them up). I guess a long time ago they had this renter that refused to pay his rent so my Dad and Grandpa went in and started moving him out (tried to evict him but he wouldn't leave) and when he came home one day and saw all his stuff boxed up he left and never came back. He used to sell silverware and dishes so my Grandpa put them in his office and forgot about them I guess.
It was not fun helping and I feel really bad for my Dad who did it all by himself Friday (yeah he took a vacation day from his job) and I sent Rich down to help him after lunch. Melissa and Steve and Jason helped alot on Saturday morning and then me, Rich, Monica, Amb and Amy helped with only 1 load. Sorry I wasn't more help Dad!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Those vintage dishes are really cute. I love them.

Melissa said...

Man, did that ever suck! Dad is a hard-worker!