Thursday, August 7, 2008

My BIG Sacrifice

My little sister Amberly has been here with us and Alex is at my Mom's. We did this trade off last year and it was a great time so I had expectations to live up to...and you have to know Amberly to understand that. She was excited to come stay with me for the week and was really looking forward to some pretty exciting activities. We didn't do much on Tuesday so on Wednesday I got off work a little early and we went to the movie "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" we had a fun time and after we went to Macey's for an ice cream cone. Rich wanted chicken salad sandwiches for dinner and that is where me and Amb had our first little problem. She was "not satisfied" with dinner and she is really particular about eating so I knew I was in trouble but there was no reason for her to not be satisfied. Needless to say I found a pop tart wrapper in the garbage can and I guess that was her after dinner snack.
I had told her I would take her to an Owlz game but didn't realize at the time that I had book club the same night, second problem. I decided that I would skip book club and take her cause she was looking forward to it and I didn't want to disappoint her or have her be grumpy with me the the rest of the week (or longer) we went to Wendy's for dinner and then to the game.

It was great weather for a game but Alexa was not that happy about being there (imagine that). Rich opted out of the game too. Max always has a great time and loved playing with Hootz. There was another problem I discovered during the middle of the game that made me really angry and I will not go into it but let's just say it pretty much ruined the mood of the "fun weekend away from home" thank goodness Monica and Alex are coming back tonight. I guess my patience needs some work.
Amberly is an awesome sister but she can be hard to take sometimes, she is constantly asking when her next meal is and what it is, she also asks questions that she already knows the answer to just to make conversation. I can't count how many times she said "whats for dinner" or "just wondering" or "it's not my fault" (that had to do with the before mentioned problem at the game...and it WAS her fault). She also said some pretty mean things to me but I just have to remember that she has 'special needs' and doesn't really try to be annoying or hurt my feelings!!
I love you Amb!

Monica and Alex spent the day at Lagoon (11am to 10pm, it was Alex's birthday present from her) and they had a great time but she didn't take any pictures for me, I will get her for that!! Alex was so exhausted when they got here at about 11:30pm that he just face planted on the couch and fell asleep.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You are a good sister to take Amberly home for the week! I'm curious what the other problem that you won't talk about was....

Amy said...

I had a good guess at what the problem was and I was right on! That really sucks! Your hats are so cute! I want one.

Jennifer said...

You are a great sister! When I lived at Deseret Village and took care of the 'special needs' people I really had to learn patience and quickly. It's hard sometimes to remember they're not like us. I really look up to people who have 'special needs' family memebers and how well they take care of and deal with them. It really takes special people to be able to handle it.