Friday, August 15, 2008

Little America

After the news was over it was time for bed so we went and got checked in to our hotel. We had adjoining rooms and that was really nice. Alex was so tired and he fell asleep early. We stayed up (most of us) and watched the Olympics and talked until 3am. We also made a midnight gas station run for drinks! The following pictures are pretty self explanatory so I will keep my commenting to a minimum.
This picture deserves a comment. My oldest sister Melanie has some pretty strange sleeping habits. She fell asleep quite early and she insists on having like 3 pillows on her head (she does it at home too). Well we got pretty noisy and woke her up. When she got up she looked in the mirror and said "I never look like this" referring to her crazy hair (apparently she usually wakes up looking great and she was really confused as to why she looked so crazy!)
This is what the room looked like after we got back from our "coke run", we weren't even gone that long. They eventually woke up and either joined the party or moved to another location and fell back asleep (Melissa)!!
We got an early "wake up" call (a lady from my work) at about 8:30am and we couldn't go back to sleep thanks to Amy turning on the TV. It was funny because when we got up Max was missing (I put him on the floor between the 2 beds), I didn't hear him get up in the night but I guess he went into the other room and stared at Monica until she woke up kinda freaked out so he stayed in her bed the rest of the night.
It was a great overnighter, thanks again Mandi. We all went shopping at the Gateway and Mandi and Annette stayed at the hotel and layed out at the pool.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't remember attacking Max on the bed (the first picture). In fact, I don't remember a lot about that night!

Amy said...

Let's do it again! Man we are weird and funny. I love how we can laugh at pretty much anything and don't need much to keep ourselves entertained.