Friday, June 6, 2008

Alex is getting Baptized


Alex is getting baptized tomorrow and we are so proud of him. Revolution Photography (Lacey) made these incredible invitations and I think they are so unique and look fantastic.
I just have to tell a story about Alex real quick. Last Sunday was 'Fast Sunday' and since Alex turned 8 in May it was his first time to have to 'Fast'. I didn't say anything to him in the morning cause we didn't have time to eat breakfast anyway so we were walking home from church and he was talking about what he was going to eat and I reminded him that he was 8 now and has to 'fast'. He was very disappointed and very hungry. So he told me a few times that his stomach really hurt (but he says that ALOT) so I didn't really say anything. I just told him that he was hungry and I was hungry too but we have to wait to eat. He went to his interview with the Bishop and when he came home we all took a short nap. He had told me a few more times that his stomach hurt. A little later me and Rich were out in the living room and Alex was laying on the couch and he sat up and said "I am going to throw up" so I said "you better go to the bathroom" thinking that he would just sit there for a minute and come back. Well I was wrong, a second later we heard him throwing up and Rich looked at me like "I guess his stomach really did hurt". I felt really bad about not taking him seriously and told him that he could just do half a 'fast' for a while until his body got used to it.
Anyway I just wanted to tell Alex what a great kid he is. He is always nice to everyone and sometimes gets his heart broken because of it. He is such a sweet boy and I know that he will do great things with his life. I love you Alex.

4 comments:

Tiesha said...

Those invites are so cute! He is such a cute kid!

Janean said...

Congratulations on getting baptized Alex! You are a great kid and great example!

Tandy said...

I am so proud of you Alex for making the choice to be baptized. Sorry I missed it! You look really handsome in your invite.

corrychronicles said...

Love the announcements. It was great to be there, you have such an awesome family support. Congrats.