Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 4...Heading Home

We got up and went down to breakfast again. We ate and then went up and got ready and packed everything up and checked out. As I was running yesterday I saw a place where the trail went by the river and I thought it would be fun to go on a little walk and let the boys throw rocks in the river for awhile before we left.
We had a good time, it was warm and we had heard there was a big storm in Spanish Fork so we weren't really anxious to leave.
We walked around and climbed up a trail a little way and Max was having a great time. He liked to climb up on all the rocks.
We decided that we better get going so we went back to the car and headed for the St George Temple. Since we didn't go to church we thought we would go to the visitor center for a little while. It was a good time as always.
After, we found a park and had a little picnic for lunch and the kids played on the toys for a bit. The wind had started to pick up and things were blowing away. We decided it was time to get going so we loaded up and hit the road.
We left around 3pm and it was 75 degrees outside, by the time we got to Cedar City, Rich wanted to turn around and go back, it had already dropped to 50 degrees. Pulling into Spanish Fork the thermometer read 27 degrees...so much for the sunshine!! Oh yeah and Rich was driving home, I was reading really wanting to finish my book...I had like 10 pages left and he told me he was falling asleep so I had to drive the rest of the way home and I had to wait til later that night to finish but that's OK, I guess!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

that sounds like a great little vacation! i am glad you guys had fun.