Friday, November 21, 2008

Midnight Movie Madness


Alexa and I got tickets to see "Twilight" at 12:23am. We both read the book and were really excited for the movie. When I told Rich that we were going he was a little disappointed, I guess he figured we would see it together. I didn't think he would be very interested so I didn't really even talk to him about it. Well, he didn't want to miss out on the fun times so he took Alex and Max to "Bolt" at midnight. I guess they were among the few midnight movie goers NOT seeing Twilight. Including the 3 of them there were 7 people total in the theater. Both the boys fell asleep and Rich thought the movie was just OK.

On to our adventure...we got there at around 10pm (after a quick stop at Target). There were 14 midnight showings at the Orem theater and we wanted to get a good seat so we went early. There were not too many people in line outside for our time spot so we went and got hot chocolate first. We came prepared with stuff to do, she had homework and I brought my latest crocheting project. It was not too cold so it wasn't bad being outside. They let us inside at about 11:30pm to wait in the hallway.

I liked the movie and if you have read the book I think you should for sure see it. It was a pretty low budget movie (which I wasn't really expecting). I love the girl who played Bella and I thought she did a great job. Edward grew on me throughout the movie. There were some parts that just made me laugh out loud (the classroom scene where the fan blows her smell towards Edward and his facial expressions were hilarious). I thought the first part was pretty slow and there was some really awkward acting but the middle and the end were great!! I am curious to see how the next one will look and if they will have a bigger budget this time. I am really glad that I was one of the first people to see it because I hate hearing all the things people say, sometimes that influences the way I see it so sorry if i have ruined it for you now if you haven't seen it!!

Rating: ***1/2 (out of 5)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

We went to it on Saturday. I agree with you on the beginning of the movie, I thought it was kind of cheesy, but then I really liked it. I liked the ballet studio scene. I was bummed when it ended though.

Anonymous said...

Totally ruined it for me angela!!!! I would have liked it ten times more if I had not read this post before!! Thanks!! P.S. I hope you are going to reimburse me for my ticket, popcorn and soda!!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on this.I thought the special affects were horrible, i thought most of the cast was horrible and it just felt low budget. But I liked it. I wish they would have gotten a director that did Harry Potter or something!! But like I said, i love the story line.your such a fun mom.

Rohan Shearer said...

We took Maddy on Monday and we all really liked it, even though only Maddy had read it.