Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey 10k

The reason for our overnighter in Salt Lake was because Rich really wanted to run a race on Thanksgiving morning and he found one in Bountiful. We wanted to be closer so we didn't have to wake up so early.

The race started at 9am and it started and ended at the rec center so the kids just hung out in there while we ran.
Pre race photo. It was like 16 degrees outside when we started running. It was a pretty challenging course. I was about halfway through mile 5 when I saw Rich running toward me, he decided to come and finish running with me. That was a nice surprise! I did get pretty warm during the run and had to take off my gloves.
They were doing the awards outside and we didn't want to wait around so we headed inside to see what the kids were up to.
The boys had a blast climbing on this rock wall and exploring the rec center.
Alexa watched some of the parade on TV but she was getting pretty anxious to leave.
We headed back outside to see the turkey and get a quick photo and then we were off!

***I looked up the race results, Rich finished in 42 minutes and was 2nd in his age group and 11th overall. I finished in 1 hour 6 minutes.

No comments: