Friday, September 5, 2008

Spanish Fork KITE Festival

It was the 1st annual "Wind Power Celebration" here in Spanish fork. They put up about 5 or 6 huge windmills in the mouth of Spanish Fork canyon to try and find alternate energy sources. I guess this is the reason for the celebration.
It was held up at the Reservoir/Gun Club. After work I went home and got the kids and we went up to check it out.

The kids made their own kites and had fun coloring on them, especially Max. Alexa helped him with his. Then we had to put them together with plastic sticks and string. It is ALWAYS windy in Spanish Fork so it's great for kite flying!!


Then we noticed that there were a lot of golf carts around and one pulled up to us and asked if we wanted a ride to the top so we hopped on, Max thought that was the coolest thing! They had different vendors lined up so as you walked back down you could check them out. There was a cool bike that seated 4 people the boys thought it was awesome! Alex liked the motorcycles and golf carts.
They had a jet ski flying a kite behind it doing cool tricks. It made such a loud noise with all the wind. It was fun to watch.

Alexa and Max played on the toys while Alex worked on coloring his tile (don't ask me what that was about, but he had fun doing it). They had all sorts of kites on display and it was great weather. It was fun and I am looking forward to next year already.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Shannon said...

We were busy all day Saturday so we didn't get a chance to go. I will have to plan on it next year because it looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Janean said...

I hope I can go next year. I wanted to go but never made it. I heard from tons of people that it was alot of fun!