Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Race

It is my 3rd time running this race...I normally run the 10k but because of my feet I just decided to go with the 5k. Monica and Rich were the only ones signed up for the 10k but we were late and so Rich got lost and ended up[ just running the 5k.
The crappy thing is, it's not a huge race (Wellsville Founders Day) and if we would have been on time and Rich ran the 10k he would have been 1st place probably because the guy who came in 1st had a slower time than Rich's usual. Oh well, that's what you get for sleeping in!!
The pictures are in the order that we all finished (for some reason I don't have a picture of Melissa finishing but she was right after me). I don't have the times either (they weren't accurate anyway since most of us started late).
Jason claimed it was going to take him a long time to finish but he was done jsut after Rich, you are awesome Jas.
Amy who claims she hates running did awesome and I think one of these days she will become a runner/jogger like her big sisters!!
I finished well and was glad that my feet didn't hurt...I was planning on just wearing flip flops and keeping up with Amb but I was able to run pretty well. I ended up losing 5 toenails (from my earlier run) so without them I guess I should be in pretty good shape!
Jake found a friend so he didn't take the race as serious as usual...when I passed him I thought he would start running and keep up with me but he didn't!
Right after Jake finished it started pouring rain...I mean really hard so we were worried about the rest of our crew. Monica (who ran twice as far) ended up with the rest of the 5k ers. They were all soaked!!
I think Monica took off and finished before the rest of them and Amberly's shorts kept falling off (I don't know why you didn't just tie them Mel)!
Here's Mel and Alex racing...she might go faster if she takes her jacket off her head!! Luckily some of us had umberella's in the car!!
 
Posted by Picasa
It was a cold and rainy race, which is odd for Labor Day, it is usually really hot and sunny! We hung around for the prize drawings and alot of us got something but nothing that great!! It is a wondeful tradition that I hope we continue every year!! Thanks for letting us sleepover Clark's, we had a great time!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That run wasn't too bad. I'm glad I finished before the rain.