Saturday, October 16, 2010

St. George Getaway

I did not take ANY pictures all weekend...not sure how that happened!!! So here is a long pictureless post!

Wednesday after school me and the boys loaded up and headed for Logan. Alexa stayed home because she had a few parties that she did not want to miss out on. She stayed with her friend Paizlee all weekend. I had a few errands to run on our way so we ended up getting there at dinner time. Some people ate Wok on Wheels some ate Wendy's and some Arby's. I have been craving WOW and it was tasty, so tasty that I over did it and was really full all night. Jake had a sleepover too so that was fun to hang with him. Alex ended up falling asleep in my mom's bed, Jake and dad went downstairs to watch 24 and Max and I snuggled in the living room and watched Transformers.

Thursday morning me, dad and the boys went on a donut run and I left shortly after. Alex and Max get to stay and play with the Oliver's while Rich and I have our birthday getaway in St. George. Rich worked for a few hours and was supposed to be home at 1pm...he was late and I got impatient and was a little bit crabby by the time we finally left. We stopped in Nephi for a late lunch. I had Taco Time and Rich had Quiznos. There wasn't much traffic and the drive was pretty uneventful. I pulled out an old CD that I made for Rich back when we were dating and he was driving to Logan alot. It was TERRIBLE!!! Let's see if I can remember some of the songs I belted out for him...Don't Stop Believin', More than Words, Endless Love, Making Love out of Nothing at All, When You Say Nothing at All...and so on and so on. I was belting them all out and Rich even joined me on a few. Man, it was only 7 yrs ago I made that CD, what was I thinking?? Oh well it put me in a better mood. We finally got there around 5:30pm and checked into the Holiday Inn. Not the best but it was fine. We walked around the outlets for a little bit and went to Ross and Target. We weren't really hungry for dinner so we decided to go see a movie and have popcorn. We saw Wallstreet, Money Never Sleeps. It was a bit long and kind of slow but it was pretty good and the popcorn was delicious!!! After that we just headed back to the hotel and called it a night!

Friday morning we slept in a bit and went to IHOP for a late breakfast, early lunch. We made appointments for massages at 2:00pm. We got a couple's massage and it was so nice. It has been a while since we had one and it was very relaxing. We headed to the room to get showered and ready for our big night. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse and Rich got a whole rack of ribs, they were SO yummy. We got tickets for Tarzan at Tuacahn. It was the last night of the show and neither of us had ever been to a show there. I was blown away by the theater and the show. I wish we would have gotten there earlier so we could have walked around and taken in the beauty of our surroundings. We got there just in time for the show to start. It was amazing and so fun to watch. I got really emotional a few times and cried like a baby. I can't wait to come back again to see another show!! After it was over we decided to go to a midnight movie. We saw The Social Network and it was good. We got to bed really late, like 3ish but it was a great day!!!

Saturday morning we slept in again. Neither one of us could think of somewhere to eat so we drove around a bit and then finally just went to Bajio. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool reading and napping and swimming. It was heavenly! Rich wanted to check out a running store so I walked across the street to Kmart. We had Chili's for dinner and then went to Spirit (Halloween store) to get Max his surprise, a storm trooper costume. We went back to the hotel and sat in the hot tub for a while and then played pool. Then we went on a walk for a while and stopped at the gas station for a drink. I got in the shower and Rich went to get us stuff for breakfast. We watched Terminator on TV and fell asleep.

Sunday morning we woke up later than I wanted and Rich took a 45 minute shower so we were off to a late start. We left at 11am and got a flat tire just outside of Fillmore so we could only do 60 mph the rest of the way home. We picked up Alexa and then jumped in the van for 2 more hours of driving.

Rich and I really had a great, much needed weekend away together and I am so grateful that we are able to do things like this every once in a while.

Alex and Max enjoyed the weekend as well. Max slept at Harris's one night and Monica's the next. Alex had a sleepover with the Summer's and got to go to the Bear River Bottom's corn maze and haunted river trail...he had a blast!! I am so glad that my family is always so willing to watch and entertain my kids for me!!

No comments: