Monday, October 25, 2010

Jack-O-Lanterns

Tonight for FHE we carved pumpkins. I was planning on taking the kids to a pumpkin patch this year because we have never been but we lost our chance because the weather was terrible today!! The kids and I rushed to Macey's after dinner to get some and they only had a few bad ones so the only other place in town was Fresh Market and the selection wasn't the best there either but at least it was a fast process because there wasn't many to choose from!

Rich and I cut off tops for the kids and then told them to scrape out all the guts.
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

Max was not having it, he thought it was too gross and would barely put his hand in it. I was surprised because he is ALL boy and I thought he would love it. Alex and I are the only ones who really enjoyed getting down and dirty with the slimy pumpkin guts.


After alot of hard work, ok not really, here is the finished product:








After all the pictures, we placed our pumpkins out on the front porch and called it a night!!! I think they all turned out really cute even if Max was totally rude to me and said I wasn't good at making "scary" pumpkin faces!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Awesome pumpkins! I love them!!!