Saturday, January 17, 2009

Draper Temple

We ate dinner at Fazzoli's, I love their bread sticks and the one in Provo closed so we thought that would be a good place to eat. I think all the kids liked it. We headed up to the Stake Center to get ready to go to the Draper Temple. We were supposed to be there at 7:20pm. We got there on time but it was a mad house...the line was outside the door. We had to wait 30 or more minutes just to get in the line to go in and watch the 12 minute movie about temples. We saw alot of people from the ward there. The kids were getting really anxious and it was hard for them to just stand there in the hall waiting. Finally we got into the room and watched the movie. It was a good way to start the event, it really set the tone and helped bring the spirit. After that we were moved into the cultural hall where we waited another good 30 minutes or so to load a bus. Max loved the bus ride. I didn't want to haul around my purse so I don't have any pictures. The bus ride up there was fun and it was a great view. The houses surrounding the Temple are beautiful.
Finally we were there...
Posted by Picasa

and yes MORE WAITING. There were all these big white tents set up that led you into the temple. The lines were long again and we stood and moved slowly and wondered when we were ever going to get inside. Harrison and Alexa had a hilarious moment that I won't share cause it would embarrass Harrison but it was a good one!!!
So after who knows how long, we finally made it to the doors and there was a sign that said "please be reverent inside the temple" I thought to myself "Max, please be good." You have to remember that we started this adventure at 7pm and didn't even get inside the temple until after 9pm so he had been really good considering that. Once inside the temple it was still just a big long line of people walking really slowly, looking around and that is HARD for a 2 yr old. He wanted to walk after a while and I knew that was a bad idea but I didn't want to make him mad either. He was climbing under the ropes that were keeping people on the right track and so I had to grab him and he tried to get away and ended up falling. He started screaming, yes having a fit in the middle of the silence of the temple...I didn't know what to do. A lady pointed out a bathroom that was right there so I went in and set him on the floor to calm down. I was so embarrassed and felt bad about ruining every ones experience. He sat there and just kept crying and then I looked and saw blood on his fingers. Then I looked down at my shirt and there was blood all over my shirt. I guess when he fell he bit his tongue or something and was bleeding. I felt bad that I got so mad at him for having a fit when he was just crying because he got hurt. I washed out his mouth and wiped his face and then he was OK and we went back out and finished our tour. He was really good after that and loved looking at all the pictures and he loved the big light in the celestial room. I really loved the murals in the ordinance rooms. They were amazing and it made you feel like you were there. Beautiful.
Well we got our cookies and waited for the bus to take us back to our car. What a long night. We got home at 11:30pm and dropped Harrison and Parker off at home. I am really glad we had the opportunity to go through the Temple and especially to take the kids and let them see how beautiful it is inside.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like quite a night. Even if your kids thought it was too long and not that fun I know they will remember it forever. It is an awseome opportunity to hve so many temples so close.