Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunny San Diego

We left Logan about 7pm, I drove our new van home (I found a van on KSL that looked like a pretty sweet deal and it was in Smithfield so I had dad go test drive it to see what he thought about it. He said it would be a really good one. Only 49,000 miles and new brakes, also a really nice TV with a big screen and wireless headphones. It's a White, 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. We felt good about it and told him to go ahead and buy it ((with my money from Grandpa)) so this was our first time seeing it) and Rich drove his car. We were already pretty much packed so once we got home we just got everything loaded into Rich's car and headed south.
It was after 10pm when we left and Rich was pretty hesitant about driving through the night. He drove first and I told him that I would try to get some rest so that when he was tired I could take over. He made it to Cedar City and then it was my turn. I slept for about an hour but felt pretty awake. I am not good at driving stick so I rarely drive Rich's car but since it was so late and we were on the Freeway I felt pretty good about driving. I just cranked up the music and Rich went to sleep. We pulled into Las Vegas to get gas...we made it to Vegas on one tank of gas!! I wasn't too tired yet so I decided to keep going. We rolled into Primm, NV (not sure what time it was) and I just found a spot in the parking lot of Buffalo Bills and took out my contacts and went to sleep.
We woke up about 8am and Rich was pretty grumpy. He didn't really sleep that well (it seemed to me like he slept just fine). We grabbed some breakfast from McDonald's and then hit the road again.
We got to San Diego (after a little detouring, I fell asleep and we almost ended up in Mexico). We drove around a bit and decided to find a real place to sleep tonight.

We didn't want to spend a lot of money on a room so we went to a few different places. We saw a Motel 6 but our last experience at one of those was horrible so I told Rich he would have to go and look at the room first to make sure it was OK. He got a key from the front desk and went into the room (I stayed in the car). He thought he heard something so he opened the bathroom door and the maid was sitting on the toilet!!! He came back to the car and I could tell something had happened just by the way he was acting. I said "was it that bad?" Then he told me what had happened and needless to say, we moved on!!

We ended up spending a little more money than we wanted to but the room was nice and clean and of course the time we don't have kids with us we get bunk beds in our room!!!

It was still afternoon so we ate lunch/dinner at Baja Fresh and then headed to the beach.
It was a great day, the sun was out and it was perfect. We had a photo shoot and then we walked along the pier and then we just stood on the beach and watched the waves. I love the ocean, it is so beautiful.

We stopped at Target for some last minute things for the cruise and then headed back to our room to watch a movie.
We slept really well and took these photos in the morning before we left. We stopped at a few stores since we don't get on the boat until this afternoon!!

No comments: