Saturday, October 3, 2009

St George Marathon

It was a beautiful day for a run...I was just really glad it was Rich running and not me!!



I got these pictures off the marathon website. Me and the boys waited at the finish line for Rich so I was glad that they had these great pictures of him during the race!




I wasn't sure what he was wearing so when he passed us I didn't really get any good photos of him and then I had to run to the finish line and couldn't get very close but he did SO AWESOME!!! He did let 1 girl beat him and I gave him a hard time about it...he said he really tried to catch her but just couldn't do it!
He was walking like a 90 year old man when he was done but luckily there wasn't a very long line for massages and that helped.
He finished in 2 hours and 49 minutes!!! He was hoping for 2:45 but he was really happy with his time. He said the course wasn't as easy as everyone had told him but he liked it. He was 9th in his age division and 46th overall!! There were 5600 finishers...and he was 46th, AMAZING!!!

I drove home so that Rich could get some rest. We had a fun little trip and the boys were really good, even when I was torturing Alex with some "oldies" tunes, everyone else was asleep and I was belting them out!!! Good times!!


Here are Rich's thoughts about his experience:

Angela wanted me to put some of my thoughts about the race for history sake since I don't keep a journal I guess. Anyhow, I was looking forward to this race all year. My friend (Tyler Shepherd) and I trained pretty hard all summer, and our goal was to finish in 2 hrs and 45 minutes. We got close to that, and I was really happy with my time. It is a PR for me, and I was glad that I had someone to train with. It was probably one of the hardest marathons that I've run. There were a lot of hills, and a couple of them were pretty steep. The other hills were just slight inclines, but it's still hard when you're tired and really pushing yourself to stay at a certain pace. Anyhow, next year I want to finish a marathon in 2 hrs and 40 minutes. I figure if I train a little harder, and run a little more often I should be able to do that. Anyone interested in training with me, just let me know!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go Rich! You're incredible!

Herd of Sheps said...

Count me in BUDDY! I had a blast training with you all summer! You are a great person and I like that we can talk about eating food the last 5 miles of our long runs! You did great, next time we won't let those dang girls pass us at the end. AWESOME JOB RICH!