Monday, October 5, 2009

More Funnies

One night when we were in Disneyland waiting in line for a ride I called to talk to Max. He was pretty busy playing and didn't have much time for me. I was talking to my mom and she told me this funny story. Max and Owen were playing and Owen got hurt so my mom told Max to kiss it better. Max said, "I can't." My mom said, "sure you can, just kiss it better so Owen will be happy." Max then said, "I can't, all my kisses are for my mom." My mom chuckled a little and thought that was cute. Then when my parents were putting him to bed that night my dad asked for a good night kiss. Max said, "I have a kiss in my mouth but it is for my mom." Then my mom asked for a kiss and he said the same thing. Then my mom asked, "Do you have any kisses for your dad?" Max replied, "all the kisses in my mouth are for my mom!"
I was laughing SO HARD when she was telling me this story and it made me what to squeeze his little guts out!!! He still says this to me every now and again, "mom, I have a kiss for you."

We were in line for the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland, Alex says: "We're shi**ing in..." and then his eyes went huge and his hand clapped over his mouth as he realized what he had just said, (he meant to say sitting in ships). Alexa busted out laughing and I joined in and we had to repeat the story for Rich who was standing right there but somehow never seems to hear what's being said!!!

Max came up with this new trick that he usually pulls at bedtime but it is starting to happen ALL THE TIME. One night he didn't want to fold his arms for the prayer. Rich kept asking him to fold his arms and finally he just said, "I can't, my arms are broken." So Rich replied, "well if your arms are broken then you won't be able to drink your milk I guess." He quickly folded his arms and we said the prayer. Then it was time to put pj's on and he said, "but dad, my legs are broken." There wasn't really a response that worked very well to this one so Rich just said, "I guess you will have to roll into your room then." So of course Max rolled into his room and we got him ready for bed. This was pretty funny the first few times but now it is out of control. Any time he is asked to do something that he doesn't want to do he says either his arms or legs are broken. I had to threaten him last night because I can't take it anymore. I told him next time he says that I will break his legs...just kidding!!! I did tell him I was going to spank him though because he really needs to stop!!

Max has to have milk in his cup to go to bed. He is getting way too big to be dependent on a sippy cup so Rich and I told him that after Christmas we had to throw away his cup. He has to wear a pull up to bed and often times he is still wet in the morning. I don't want this to become a huge problem in the future so I told him a few days ago that he can't take his cup to bed anymore. He had a fit the first night and cried himself to sleep. The next night he asked again and I said "you can have a little bit of milk in a big boy cup." He said he wanted some so we went to the kitchen and I poured him some. He took a small drink and then hopped off the stool and started to head back to his room. I said "Max, aren't you going to finish your milk?" He walked back in the kitchen with a sad face and said, "milk doesn't taste good in a big boy cup." It was pretty sad and I almost caved but he just went right to bed. He has had milk in a big boy cup before bed a few times now and I guess he has gotten used to the "new taste."

No comments: