Monday, March 3, 2008

Hard Working Kids

Here are some pictures of my kids cleaning Pioneer Villa (that's where I work, its an apartment complex for Seniors and I am the Manager). Every Thursday Alexa and Alex clean. I thought it would be a great opportunity to teach them about hard work and earning their own money. I worked for my Grandpa starting at age 11 mowing lawns and cleaning and painting apartments. I am so glad that I am able to give them this chance to understand that you have to work and save money for the things you want.
As you can see Alexa is not very happy about cleaning in fact she has tried to "quit" several times. She cleans the bathroom and helps vacuum.
Alex is usually pretty good about it but really wants to be promoted to bathroom duty for some reason. He vacuums and disinfects the hand rails.
Max is just a volunteer and usually just gets in the way so I usually just get the kids going and then me and Max go home until they are done.
The people that live here love to watch Alex vacuum. They think its so funny how the vacuum is about the same size as he is but he does a good job.
I got her to smile but it isn't a real smile she was just humoring me so I would stop taking pictures. She is a hard worker and she will thank me someday.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love this!! Alexa couldn't look any more unhappy. They will be happy once the money is theirs and they can buy something cool with it.

Shannon said...

P.S. I'm so proud that you took the work verification off.