Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Suprise!!!!

Rich had a great idea to surprise the kids for a weekend getaway in St George. He wanted to leave me in the dark too but that would have been difficult. He booked us a room for Friday and Saturday night. We told the kids Max had a Dr's appt that we were going to on Friday morning so we would just take them to school. I had told them on Thursday that we were going to Logan right after school (so Alexa wouldn't make plans with her friends and also so she would pack herself). I told Rich they would probably be disappointed that we weren't going to Logan and I was right Alex cried for a minute but he loved the trip. He was just looking forward to seeing his Grandma.
Instead of turning to the school we just kept driving and Alexa was like...."where are you going, you missed the turn", I got on my cell phone and called the school to excuse them for the day and then Rich told them we were going to St George.
We had a lot of fun shopping, swimming, eating out, seeing "College Road Trip", eating out, shopping, swimming and bowling. We went to the Temple on Sunday and then headed for home.
What a great weekend of warm weather and sunshine. Thanks so much Rich for the great little vacation.

Make sure you check out the video clip of the lizard Alex found at the pool. Alexa was holding it and it jumped on her neck and she was jumping around screaming. It crawled into her hair and finally she was able to shake it off......unfortunately I missed that part but I took a video after the fact. Alex wanted to bring him home for a pet. He was sad when we let him go.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a great husband you have with all the surprises and what not. You need to have Rich have a little talk with Jeff on that. He could definitely use some counsel in that area. My parents used to surprise us like that all the time. I loved it.