Friday, January 28, 2011

My Funny Max

It has been a wile since I posted Max's funnies.
The other day we were driving somewhere in the car and the song "Jar of Hearts" came on. You know the one, "who do you think are, running 'round leaving scars, collecting you jar of hearts, tearing love apart..." anyway the conversation went like this:

Max: "mom, will you change the song?"
Me: "why, you don't like it?"
Max: "well I do, but it makes me sad."
Me: "what?"
Max: "well, Mom, it IS a pretty sad song!"

I don't know why but I thought it was so funny. Last night Rich and I were driving home and I was telling him the story and he was like: "who told him it was sad?" I am pretty sure no one had said anything to him about it but as I listened to the song, it is a pretty sad song. What a perceptive 4 year old!!

Max got into the habit of sleeping on our floor during Christmas break. He would start downstairs on the couch with Alex but he always ended up in our room. It has been hard to get him sleeping in his bed again.
I have to be honest...I haven't tried too hard because he never wets himself during the night when he sleeps on our floor and I am pretty sick and tired of washing his sheets. I threatened to buy him pull-ups again and he got really mad and said he wouldn't wear them. Hopefully this is something he will grow out of soon.

A few weeks ago Max had a stuffy nose. He said to me, "mom, my nose is wrong." And I didn't really understand what he was talking about. I asked him what he was talking about and he said, "this nose (pointing to the left nostril) won't breath." For the next few days when he would wake up he would tell me again that his nose was wrong. Finally one morning he came running in my room and said, "mom, my nose isn't wrong anymore!"

No comments: