Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dashboard Confessional


For Christmas Monica, Amb and I got tickets to the Dashboard Confessional concert in Salt Lake. Now you may ask, "how many times does one person really need to see the same band?" Well, the answer is, as many as you possibly can!!!
Monica and I were trying to figure out how many times we have been to his shows. I came up with 8. The thing I love about Chris Carrabba (he IS Dashboard Confessional) is that he is SO GOOD live!! He has this thing he does with his voice that just makes you melt and want to jump up on stage and...OK I better take it down a notch but really there is a special place in my heart for him. We have also had a few chances to actually meet and talk to him and he is a really nice guy!! He is one of the shortest men out there but what he lacks in height he makes up for with his smile and his voice.

I met Monica and Amb in Salt Lake and we ate dinner at Subway and then went to Target for a while. There are always a couple of opening acts that last about 2 hours and I hate standing through all that. We made our way up through the crowd as close as we could and waited for him to come out!! He sang for an hour and a half straight, he told us that he wasn't going to do the fake show is over thing and then come back out and sing a few more songs, he just sang straight through and it was awesome!! Usually we try and wait for him after the show but it got over at 11:30pm and it was 18 degrees outside so we decided against it. Melanie told Monica before she left that I couldn't be outside in the cold for that long or I would "freeze the fetus." Yes, those were her words, thanks Mel for having my back!!

No comments: