Saturday, October 13, 2012

Utah Marathon (Half Marathon)

Rich and I got up at 6:20am and quietly got ready. It was nice that we were able to just walk a couple blocks to the START line. It was chilly but not too cold and I was anxious to get going!! The course for this race is very different from any half I've done before. It has LOTS of uphill!! Rich wanted to take it easy so he decided to run with me! I always do better when I run with him! It was a beautiful course, we started at the Salt Lake library and ran UP almost to Hogle Zoo, ran through the U of U campus and past Primary Children's Hospital. Then we got to go downhill (which was hard on my knees) and through City Creek Canyon...SO BEAUTIFUL!!  We rounded out in front of the State Capital building and back downtown.
We finished in 2 hr 34 min (my Denver half was 2:35 with a flat course) I was very happy with our time! We got our medals and some water and went to find the kids and Monica. Monica drove to SL this morning to run the 5k with the kids. Alexa didn't set her alarm so they were a little late but the race is chip timed and they had Maizee in the stroller anyway so it was fine they were in the back. It was a "crazy legs" 5k so they all wore tall socks!!
Alexa was nice enough to take some photos for me!! They jogged and walked but sounds like they mostly walked!  They finished in 56 minutes.  I think they all had a good time, Maizee was a good girl and enjoyed the ride!!
Half Marathon Finishers!! YAY
The whole group!! What a great way to spend a Saturday morning!!

We walked back to Little America and requested a late checkout so we could go sit in the hot tub.  IT WAS HOT!!  Super hot!!
Max had a blast in the swimming pool, The hot tub was too hot for Maizee so we got in the pool for a bit.  Alexa was exhausted, and Monica and Alex sat on the edge of the hot tub!
We got all cleaned up and checked out and took TRAX to The Gateway for some window shopping and lunch! Then we walked around City Creek again for a bit.  We had a nice day together!!