Friday, June 10, 2011

Swim Lessons

Alex and Max had swim lessons all week so this is how my schedule was...
Alexa Cheer Practice @ 6:00 am (she is in a carpool and I am on "pick up" so I did not have to wake up THAT early).
Alex Swim Team @ 7:30 to 8:30am
Alex Swim Lesson 9:00 to 9:30am
Drag Max along with me...we either watched Alex or stayed in the car for a nap, depending on the day!
Take all the kids home and go to work.
12:30 to 1:00pm Max Swim Lesson
Back to work after.
It was a pretty exhausting week...plus we went to Seven Peaks TWICE (Monday and Thursday).

Here are some pictures I took of the boys during their lessons.
Alex advanced to the next level, Intermediate 4 (the highest level she teaches). I only got one shot of Alex because he couldn't swim on Friday, his last day of class because of his accident at Swim Team).

Max is going to take this same level again. He did really great but he does not get the concept of kicking with straight legs!!
He learned so much this week and I am so proud of him. There have been alot of kids drowning lately and it makes me really nervous because Max is a little careless. I just want him to be comfortable in the water and know what to do if he ever gets in trouble.
He jumped off the diving board all by himself, climbed the "water ladder" to the surface on his own and then turned to his back to swim to the edge, that is where he still needs some work. He doesn't put his head back far enough so he can't quite get into the right position on his back and he kicks with "bicycle legs."
I am so proud of both my boys for their hard work this week!!!