Saturday, June 12, 2010

Swim Meet

The kids and I got up super early to get Alex to his FIRST swim meet in Lehi. He had to be there at 7am. We didn't know quite what to expect and Alex was a little nervous. He signed up for three races but somehow they only had him down for 1, the 50 freestyle. I was kind of upset that we drove all that way for him to just do 1 race but after sitting there for almost 2 hours before that 1 race I was pretty glad we could leave and not have to wait hours for the other races.
Alex is in the lane by the wall and he did a great job. His first lap he was ahead and doing really well and then he got kind of tired and slowed down a bit. He is a natural in the water and with some coaching I think he will make a great swimmer!!
Max fell asleep on my lap for most the time and he was grumpy when I woke him up. We ate breakfast at McDonald's after the race and then headed home.

No comments: