Monday, June 21, 2010

Max is a Genius!!!

I came home for lunch and was driving down our street watching a few kids riding their bikes, I did a double take when I realized that it was Max on a two wheeler with NO TRAINING WHEELS!!!! I asked Max who taught him how to ride the bike and he said: "I just got on and started riding it."
He told me a few days after his birthday that he could ride his bike without training wheels now because he was a "four year old." I was going to have Rich take them off his bike and teach him to ride but I guess he doesn't need the lessons!!

He amazes me, he is naturally talented in many ways and I guess coordination is one of those gifts. I remember learning to ride a bike and my dad holding the back and having to balance me while running up the street, over and over and over. I was so excited for Max that I wanted to go to Wal Mart and buy him a new bike (but I resisted). When Rich got home he took the training wheels off Max's bike. After Max went up the street and back he was disappointed because apparently his bike isn't as fast as the neighbor kids.

I am just praying that he won't get into too many accidents, I was kind of a bike riding klutz and had many many accidents and countless amounts of road rash, even stitches!! I hope I had enough for the both of us!!!

No comments: